The craziness and the wonderfulness of it all

 This mirror has provided us with hours of entertainment.
Hours.

Everyday I find myself sending at least a hundred little prayers up and half of them sound like this, "Oh my gosh, I love this baby boy and little girl of mine so much, thank you so much for them! Thank you thank you thank you!" 
But in between those prayers are prayers that sound like this, "Oh my gosh, please give me patience with this child! 
Please give me the strength to get through this day!"

At the end of the day I'll tell Adam, "Holy cow, I have no idea how I survived today with those two littles!" 
And two seconds later I'm saying, "I can't believe they are ours, I can't even handle how much I love them! 
His sweet face! 
Her happiness!"

One moment I will be desperately wishing that he would fall asleep and the next I want to run upstairs and wake him up because I miss snuggling him.

Before the babysitter arrives I can hardly wait to be kid-free for a couple hours but when we are out on the date I cannot stop talking about them and their sweetness and can't wait to get home, wondering what they are up to.

Some days I just don't even know what I'm going to do with that Ella girl but at the same time I don't know what I would do without her.

It's weird to be so crazy about two small people and to also be going crazy because of those same small people!

Ella made sure this week that I was fully aware that she is two and it was rough.
And the kiddos have been sick on top of that.
One night I was up in the middle of the night cleaning puke from Ella's bed and floor.
The night after that I was up in the middle of the night trying to lower Fenton's fever and help him fall back asleep even with the discomfort he was feeling.
So we are going on less sleep than usual this week (I honestly fell asleep with Fenton laying on top of my face this morning, I have no idea if he was asleep too but he was laying still enough that I was out for at least a half hour), but I am crazier about them than ever.

It's insanity, I tell you!
But it's a good kind of insanity.

No comments:

Post a Comment