Frozen peas strapped to his face

This is what is happening at our place today

BEFORE
(that's an x-ray of Adam's mouth, in case there was any confusion there)

AFTER

(how come I am not smart enough to keep my finger out of this picture? I don't even know.)


Adam got his wisdom teeth pulled out this morning.
Now he has frozen peas strapped to his face and he's living on pain-killers, mashed potatoes, milkshakes, yogurt, avocado smoothies, and applesauce.
And then there's Ella who somehow always ends up scooting around naked by 5pm everyday, no matter how determined I am to keep her dressed for the full day.
She was so good hanging around the doctor's office for a couple of hours this morning while we waited for Adam to be done (as seen in the last picture).
Now I'm getting a taste of what it's like to have two children to take care of. 
Ella doesn't like that she has to sit and wait for me while I help Adam around the house and get him food and pills.

At one point I was in the kitchen making applesauce and both my "children" were down for naps and I had two monitors sitting next to me on the counter. There was the baby monitor so that I could hear when Ella woke up from her nap and there was my phone so that Adam could call me when he needed food or assistance getting up.
Every once in a while I'd go in and check on both of them.

Also, I'm really glad that several of you mentioned that you finished the first season of Downton Abbey in just a couple of days, because I'd be too embarrassed to admit it if I didn't know that you guys had done the same thing.
I was afraid that I wouldn't be able to finish the whole first season in the one week that I was allowed to keep it, but just two days after I started it, I'm now done.
I guess I had a lot of time today while I was making all sorts of soft foods in the kitchen and my two "kids" were down for naps to get through most of the season.
They took long naps.
There are just so many people on that show that are so ridiculous!
What on earth is the problem with Mary?
But at the same time I want Mary to find someone wonderful to marry and to end up happy and I hate myself for wanting that for such a spiteful person!
How does she get so many people to like her when she's so mean?
Sometimes I had to remind myself that it's just a movie so that I wouldn't feel so upset about what was happening.
Oh my gosh, that became a Downton Abbey rant!
Sorry!
I needed someone to be able to sympathize with me, and since so many of you have watched it, I couldn't resist.
(Thanks, Alyssa, for telling me that season two is one Hulu plus!
I will definitely be signing up for the one week free trial as soon as I know that I'll have time to watch it.)

Okay, that's all for now.

1 comment:

  1. Free week trial on Hulu Plus?! Brilliant! Why didn't I think of that! Now I can watch season 2!

    ReplyDelete