Macaroni Grill, The Help, 52 Reasons

On Monday was our two year anniversary and it was wonderful!

We celebrated by going to one of our favorite restaurants of all time:
We are obsessed with the bread there! We seriously eat about four or five loaves of it every time we go. The waitress must have been able to tell that we were in love with the bread because she sent an extra loaf home with us-- how nice is that? I got the penne rustica-- best thing EVER! And Adam had the lasagna.

And then we went to this movie:

We really like it! I'm pretty sure at least half the theater was crying by the end. I've heard the book is wonderful and heartbreaking, so after we've moved and things have settled down, I plan on reading it.

 On Pinterest I found this tutorial on how to make this little book out of a deck of cards. I thought it would be fun to make for Adam for our anniversary since we have a lot of memories and inside jokes that have to do with cards. It was fun to make and I thought it turned out pretty cute, so I'm putting up some pictures of it.

I made the cards look more antique-ish by rubbing the front and back of each card with sandpaper.



 

5 comments:

  1. Congrats on two years!
    Yes, you must read The Help, it's one of the best books I've read in a long time. Much more in depth than the movie version (which I also really liked).
    And, wow, I love your cards present, not just because it's cute, but because who wouldn't want to read 50 whole reason why they are loved?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi there - this was my little album (from Pinterest) and I am go glad it inspired you to make this great gift.

    Thanks for the link-back too (which is how I found you!)

    Congratulations and good luck with the new family addition too :-)
    Lowri
    http://papervinenz.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy Anniversary Annie and Adam! Macaroni grill is wonderful. and oh that BREAD! Heaven. Pure heaven. Haha, Jason and I are just the opposite: I always get lasagna, and Jason gets his favorite, penne rustica, so funny =)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh my gosh the 52 reasons turned out SO CUTE!! You are awesome

    ReplyDelete