Omelet Night

I love learning about good deals, so I have to share this latest awesome deal discovery with you. If you live in Provo, you probably already know about the awesome deal at the Creamery on 9th, where you buy a kids meal for $3.49 and you get a full-sized cheeseburger (but with no lettuce and tomato, like the regular hamburgers), fries, a refill-able drink and ice cream. No child would be able to finish all that, it fills up an adult and they do not limit the kids meals to only kids. It's awesome! 

(Image from byu.edu)


(Image from ysecrets.com)

And their hambuger buns are homemade and delicious! Plus their ice cream is fantastic, and I think there are more flavor options there than at Baskin Robbins. 

And then there is Kneader's all you can french toast for $5.29. Possibly the yummiest french toast you've ever tasted. It's made of cinnamon rolls and then it's smothered in REAL whipping cream, strawberries and a buttery syrup-- oh yum! 

(Image from KneadersBakery.com)

Now for the deal I just learned about: Omelet Night. I had never heard of it until I heard my co-worker raving about it. He insisted that Adam and I NEEDED to attend. 

(Image from iamsiin.co.cc/recipe-for-omelet)
I found this picture on some random website, the omelets at Omelet Night are much bigger than this and stuffed even fuller than this and they are only $3.50! I only ordered half an omelet (for just over $2) and I was full and Adam was totally stuffed with his whole omelet. 

The thing that threw me for a loop is that it is held at the Utah Valley hospital cafe. I know, weird! I always believed that ALL hospital food was bad, but I was proven wrong, because these omelets are so so so good! They only have this event about once a month, they send out an email and people start lining up for the omelets before the cafe even starts serving them. My co-worker told me that once he was waiting in line for 40 minutes because there were so many people in line, and not just people from the hospital, but college students and all sorts of other people from the community; apparently omelet night is a big deal! When we went earlier this week, we only had to wait in line about 5 minutes. 

When you get to the front they make the omelet right in front of you and you choose out of the fifteen to twenty ingredients what should go in your omelet and they stuff that omelet full. There are bell peppers, hash browns, bacon, sausage, chicken, ham, onions, tomatoes, and tons and tons of cheese. And then you can put guacamole and sour cream on the side. I had never heard of putting those two ingredients on an omelet before, but it totally works! Basically, these omelets are wonderfully delicious and filling and they hit enough food groups to be considered a meal and they are pretty awesomely priced!

Anyway, I've now signed up to be on their email list for the next time that they have omelet night and I will be sure to let you know when it is!

1 comment:

  1. Haha! This makes me laugh because when I worked some nights we would go down to the cafe for our "lunch" around midnight and the cafe was always crowded....we always wondered "Who would come to the hospital for food??!"
    But it makes me smile every time...
    Only in Utah Valley :)

    ReplyDelete