One day my life will be like this

I fill my journals with sketches of what I want my life to be like in the future. What I like about this is: it helps me realize what kind of direction I want my life to go in and then I can aim towards that. And it's just interesting to think about. I especially like drawing pictures of the little everyday events that might occur in my future life, things that might seem mundane when I actually get there, but right now seem so cool! And then by drawing pictures of those moments when they actually occur they won't seem so mundane because I'm living my dream! (Trust me, this is true, I've found after living several moments that I had drawn years before). I drew these pictures more than two years ago.

I drew this one on my 20th birthday and I was predicting my life in 7 years (my birthday was on Sunday that year and so in 7 years it would be on Sunday again, which is why we are in church in this picture). There isn't any husband in this picture because getting married was in the too soon future and I didn't want to try and guess what my future spouse looked like. I would meet Adam six months after I drew this picture. That little two year-old leaning against me with the attitude-- I want him! I can imagine exactly what his little stubborn personality is like.


This is another picture I drew around that same time. I realized that I was kind of at a crossroads in my life and I knew that whatever I chose would drastically affect my life in the very near future. These were the three places I could see myself in a year. The first one is me married (there is another person next to me with a wedding ring on in the first picture, in case you can't tell), the second is of me on a mission (I'm in a bunk with my suit coat hanging next to me and a Book of Mormon, and even mormonads on the wall next to my bed), the last one is me at BYU (that's a window behind me with the Y in view). On the side you can see that I said going on a mission was the most likely and getting married was the scariest option. One year from that drawing I was married.


And this is yummy:

Ultimate Hot Chocolate
Recipe from Our Best Bites

2 1-oz. squares of unsweetened baking chocolate
1 14-oz. can sweetened condensed milk
4 c. water
1 tsp. vanilla

Directions here.

No comments:

Post a Comment