Life Lately

This cute-faced boy spent several evenings doing in-depth research on baby strollers and car seats, even going so far as to post a status on facebook asking for advice on the best baby travel systems. I find this ridiculously adorable! He told me that this stroller is Ella's car, we wouldn't choose a car for ourselves without doing some serious research about it and we were not going to do any less for Ella's mode of transportation. He had a list of stores for us to go to so that we could test drive the different strollers that he was trying to decide between. I had been doing some research for a few days and had finally thrown up my hands in frustration that the perfect stroller does not exist and that's when Adam took over and I'm so glad he did! He found a stroller that we both really like!

Just a couple of the latest crafts:

I made some bunting! I got the tutorial from here.

And some little bows for Baby girl's cute head.

I stumbled across some old photos that I had long ago thrown into the trash on iphoto (I had no idea that the photos still existed after throwing them in the trash).

What is even going on here? What am I doing to that cute boy's face?


You know you have been pregnant for a long time when you see a picture of yourself from before you were pregnant and think, "Who on earth is that?" Which is exactly what I thought when I saw this picture (I am posing for the illustration below, the pose changed quite a bit between this picture and the illustration). It's easy to forget that there even was a time when I didn't have preggo belly.


The Latest on Baby Girl

The Baby of Cuteness has been stretching her little legs as far as she can, it makes my tummy very odd-shaped when she has her feet poking out so far. She is still measuring big for her age, even though my tummy doesn't look it. And I'm still fitting in my regular jeans BUT they have definitely been stretching out as I've gotten bigger. I washed a pair of jeans and let them air dry and I couldn't even pull them up past my thighs when I tried to get them on, which means my thighs have been expanding as well! 

Before I was pregnant I would have the craziest, most vivid dreams. But since I've been pregnant my dreams have become downright boring! I beg myself to wake up in my dreams because I am so bored! But these past couple of nights I've had several dreams where I didn't know how to take care of Ella and so she died-- scary! So I started watching all of these videos on babycenter.com about the most basic things that I have known how to do for years, like "how to change a diaper." But my dreams have made me worried that maybe I don't know how to do them as well as I thought and so I avidly watch these movies where the diaper changing "experts" tell me how to properly take care of baby girl. I wonder how you achieve the title of a "diaper changing expert?' or a "baby swaddling expert?"

2 comments:

  1. You are going to be the best mom! And I bet baby of cuteness will give Rockstar baby a run for her money!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You'll be a great mom, I'm not even the slightest bit worried you'd let ANYTHING happen to little Ella! Have you found a carseat yet? I just found out the Utah County Health Department sells car seats at cost and has free carseat classes too (who knew there would be so much to learn that you need a class?) Maybe Washington County Health Department has something like that....it'd be worth looking into :)

    ReplyDelete