Makeup, a sandwich, and that growing bump

Half-way there (tomorrow)!!

One week from tomorrow we'll find out this little bump's gender! I can hardly stand waiting! He's been kicking. He has a knack of being able to find my nerve endings and giving them a good kick. I feel this quick, painful jab that makes me wince, but then I get so excited because it means he's alive! And he's absolutely in love with Coldstone milkshakes, every single day he positively begs for them (at least that's what my body cravings are telling me).

So, I love cooking and looking at cooking blogs and there is this sandwich that I have been loving recently that's a mix between a recipe I found on allrecipes.com and a caprese sandwich I once had a restaurant.

(picture fom pithyandcleaver.com)

For one sandwich:

3/4 Tbsp. olive oil
3/4 Tbsp. balamic vinegar
1 ripe tomato, thickly sliced

1 1/2 Tbsp. mayo
1 Tbsp. parmesan
1/4 tsp. oregano
1/4 tsp. basil
1/8 tsp. black pepper
Slices of mozzarella cheese (or strips of two string cheeses)
2 slices of bread
salt to taste

Put the olive oil, balsamic vinegar, and tomato slices in a small bowl and let the tomatoes marinate while you make the rest of the stuff. Stir it up occasionally.

Toast the slices of bread so that it is just barely becoming golden brown. Combine the mayo, parmesan, oregano, basil and pepper in another small bowl. 

Spread the mayo mix pretty thickly on one toasted slice of bread and put all the rest of it on the second slice of bread. Put the mozzarella slices on top of the piece of toast that has LESS mayo on it. Stick these two slices of bread under the broiler until both are bubbling and turning golden brown. 

Remove from the oven and put the marinated tomato slices on top of the slice of bread that has just mayo on it (no mozzarella) and stick it under the broiler again until the tomatoes have warmed up. Remove from the oven and sprinkle salt over the tomatoes. Put the two slices of bread together and enjoy your yummy sandwich! 

The only problem with putting recipes on your blog is that you need good pictures. I attempted to take a fantastic picture of this sandwich, but I completely failed. I had to find a picture on another website of a similar sandwich to post above. Here is my terrible picture:



And I've been loving the posts on SherbetBlossom.com where people post what is in their makeup bag. With my skin changing with pregnancy, some of the make-up I have now is not doing it's job so I like seeing what brands people like. I like going to the mall and having the ladies at the different make-up counters in Dillards and Macy's give me a make-over so that I can see what I like and don't like so much. Even if I don't want to buy any of their particular brand of makeup, they say useful things like, "your skin is very pink and so this yellowy foundation really helps balance that out." I've decided I'm particularly in love with Clinque. They not only have makeup that I like the most but their prices are some of the best as far as department store brands go.

No comments:

Post a Comment